Sigma Zoom Super Wide Angle AF 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC Macro Autofocus Lens for Canon Digital SLR Cameras


I'm using this lens with a Canon Rebel XTi. There are many things to like about this lens: a) its ideal focal range for inside and outside shots. It is ideal for walk-arounds, b) the IQ is very sharp, in fact I find little difference between it and mt Canon 50mm f/1.4 fixed lens, c) other IQ features (such as distortion and CA) are very good, d) the macro capabilty is cool -- you can get about an inch away from an object and still get a sharp focus,and best of all e) the price is reasonable. One negative is that compared to the Canon lenses, it doesn't focus well in low light; you may need to manual focus in some cases. Another very small negative is that it is slightly heavier than my other lenses and feels a little unbalanced on my XTi but this is almost not worth mentioning. Of my 5 lenses, (4 are Canon's) I would grab this first if I could take only one with me. I highly recommend this lens.

READ MORE

Disqus Comments